The Systems Engineering subteam is tasked with ensuring the correct and reliable functionality of the spacecraft and the system level design coordination of all subsystems, while also ensuring compliance with a wide array of standards. Considering that AcubeSAT is about to enter the Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Verification (MAIV) phase, the team is seeking an individual to assist in these activities.
AcubeSAT is a student-led effort at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Our goal is to study, develop, build and fly our very own satellite. If you have a working spirit, time to spend, patience and you are also searching for a fun and rewarding activity along your studies, we are excited to meet you.
Assembling and testing AcubeSAT to verify that it meets its requirements is an exciting and rewarding task. You will get to work with state-of-the-art equipment and methods inside a wide range of facilities (including a cleanroom). The student selected for this position, after proper training, will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Deriving proper inspection procedures according to the relevant standards for any equipment arriving to our facilities
- Implementing predefined methods to ensure that no damage is done to AcubeSAT’s protoflight or flight models
- Defining test specification & test procedures for all system level verification activities
- Assisting subsystems in authoring test specifications & test procedures for subsystem level verification activities
- Ensuring the continuity of different processes used for MAIV within the team
- Assisting in the execution of verification activities in Thessaloniki or in other facilities used within Greece and abroad, maintaining the logbook and ensuring that the test procedures are followed
- Processing of anomalies occurring during the Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Verification using the team’s and ESA’s Non-Conformance Reporting and Processing procedure For an overview of MAIVP activities planned for AcubeSAT, take a look here.
This position is entry level, meaning that no prior experience in the field is required. The student selected will undergo extensive training in order to be able to fulfill the tasks mentioned above. While there are no requirements on previous knowledge, the ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Proficient user of the English language
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience with measuring instruments, both for electrical and mechanical measurements
- Previous experience with basic hardware projects
- Given the nature of this position, the applicant must be a student residing in Thessaloniki for their studies.