Spacecraft Operations is responsible for maintaining the ground mission control software, implementing the Telecommand and Telemetry services, automating nominal pass procedures and operating as the “command center” for on-board processes. Its prime goal is to optimize mission return while maximizing operational reliability.
As a Back-end Engineer the following are the fields you will be working on:
- Monitoring and control of the spacecraft’s status
- For the AcubeSAT mission you will be working with YAMCS, which is a mission control software for the implementation of the Telemetry and Telecommands packets that will be used for the communication with the spacecraft
- Collaboration with other Subsystems in order to monitor and control the status of individual components of the spacecraft
- Development of test procedures and test execution, end-to-end tests with the spacecraft.
- Identification and troubleshooting issues with the satellite – ground station communication, and work with the Systems Engineering team for resolution
- Ability to work and program collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team and teamwork spirit
- Willingness to learn
- Availability and commitment
- Familiarity with a programming language (e.g. java/python/c++)
Our goal is to study, learn, develop and fly our own satellite. If you have a working spirit, time to spend, patience and are in search of personal progress, come and meet us! This position is entry level, thus the skillset below is optional.
- Experience using git to develop and maintain team projects.
- Familiarity with network programming (UDP – TCP)