The Communications (COMMS) subsystem is responsible to reliably transfer the largest possible volume of scientific and diagnostic data between the satellite and the Earth, by developing the necessary On-Board and Ground Station hardware and software. COMMS is also in charge of performing system-level electromagnetic analyses on AcubeSAT. In that context, our members are occupied wit
- RF front-end design,
- FPGA programming,
- Antenna design, construction and testing,
- Studying and implementing communication protocols,
- Digital signal processing,
- Electromagnetic compatibility
As an FPGA Engineer you will learn and apply digital hardware design for FPGAs, combined with digital signal processing.
Any of the following skills would be useful to you as an FPGA Engineer:
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages (mainly Verilog and VHDL)
- Knowledge of programming languages (mainly C/C++)
- Basic knowledge of digital design and electronics.
- Ability to work in a group and independently
- Eagerness of taking initiative
- Capable of analytical thinking and researching new fields
- Good English written and oral skills
Any of the following skills are not a prerequisite, but would be nice for an FPGA Engineer to have:
- Understanding of communication protocols and interfaces (SPI, AXI, USB)
- Experience with Xilinx Design Tools and technology ecosystem (mainly IP cores and interfaces)
- Experience with FPGA design, design verification and IP integration.
- Experience with digital electronics
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing